Weight Watchers Shrimp soft taco recipe: During warm weather months, I eat a lot of shrimp tacos. In fact, if you’d rather be outside, you can even (carefully) grill the shrimp and soft taco shells for this recipe.
Weight Watchers Shrimp tacos Recipe:
Videos for Weight Watchers recipes on youtube are a little crazy. I usually have to watch them 5 times to digest all the info, (and my heart rate goes up!) so here’s an actual recipe:
1.) To make the slaw:
- 2 Cups coleslaw mix
- 1/4 cup cilantro
- 3 Tbsp light mayo
- 2 tsp fresh lime juice
- 1/2 tsp canned chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 4 tsp water
Instructions: Mix all ingredients in a bowl and reserve.
2.) To make the shrimp:
- 1 lb. medium or large shrimp
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Mix ingredients together
- Spray pay with olive oil cooking spray
- Cook shrimp until done. Set shrimp aside.
- Lightly brown soft taco shells, about 1 minute per side. (overcooking will make them crunchy and hard to fold)
- Optional dusting of feta cheese crumbles
- Serve with a lime wedge!
- I recommend topping with a little chopped avocado, and Sriracha sauce on the side. (for everything!)
*If you are really into spicy, a couple diced chili peppers are also a great addition. We also like to cut corn right from the ear and fry it up (in light olive oil) to serve on the side.
*That makes a lot of slaw! If you only like a little, (and prefer to add some chopped avocado) maybe halve that part of the recipe. If you add avocado, it will add one Smart Point, though.
Serves 4-5. Only 3 Smart Points per serving!
*Another WW recipe: 3 Healthy french fry alternatives