Can I share something of the last week with you? I guess I can, since this is my blog post after all.
In the last week I have:
- Been cheered on here on the blog.
- Told that someone joined Weight Watchers as inspired by me.
- Gotten advice about how to schedule my week’s workouts around my 5k this week.
- Been convinced to sign up for the Monster Dash 5k by my blogger/online friends.
- Asked to be on a team for the Warrior Dash next summer by my water kettle bells instructor…I said yes.
- Further decided as a water kettle bells class to sign up for the Get Lucky 7k in March.
- Gotten an email from Ann about the Whole30 challenge
- Conversed with Sabrina on Facebook about her upcoming Disney 10 mile race.
- Cheered on others over their success.
- Given virtual hugs to those who are struggling.
Weight loss can be seem isolating if we make it so. The hard work ultimately relies on our own actions and choices, but I don’t doubt for a minute that the community that I am blessed with, both online and off, has given me the strength to continue on. I have made real and lifelong friends so far in this experience and am connecting with more every day. But I think that the greatest gift I am given is their confidence in me. Even on days where I doubt my ability to succeed, there are people out there who are 100% certain that I am enough to achieve my goals. There is no doubt in their minds, and with their support I am able to listen to the parts of myself that can push myself harder than I ever thought.
In the last 24 hours I’ve committed to three new races – a 5k, a 5k obstacle course and a 7k, all in the next year. Sure, I need to register for 2 of them still, but I intend to. The gift of those is knowing that I won’t be alone in my efforts and that my friends are convinced that I can succeed.
The more I am on this world the more I am convinced that we are strongest when we are surrounded by people who believe in our strength and who forgive us and love us despite our weaknesses. You, each and everyone one of you, make me stronger.
And just in case you didn’t know, I believe in you too.
I believe that you are enough just as you are.
I believe that you are beautiful despite the number on the scale.
I believe that you are kindred spirits even if we’ve never met.
I believe you can do far more than you give yourself credit for.
I believe you WILL reach your goals.
I believe in you.
P.S. I have to add more blogs to my feed lately since I am meeting all sorts of new people online and I want to read your words and wisdom too. Will you share your blogs with me in the comments so I can come visit?