When I first started running, I felt so overwhelmed. I was ashamed I couldn’t run more than a minute at a time and embarrassed about who was looking at me, judging me, staring at me. It took years of me fighting on my healthiness journey to get to where I am now, where I feel like I’m a true runner.
A couple months ago, I had the pleasure of having dinner with Shauna at FitBloggin’. Shauna, if you don’t know, is the famous Shauna behind The Amazing Adventures of Diet Girl. Shauna shared with me about a new community she had created with her friend, Julia. Up & Running provide kickass running e-courses for women, created by Shauna “Dietgirl” Reid and her running coach friend Julia Jones. If you thought running was reserved for sporty types with bouncy ponytails, they’ll help you discover that running is for everyone. Their acclaimed 5K Beginners Course and new 10K Course aren’t the usual boring “walk 5 mins, run 5 minutes” programs. You get expert coaching from Julia, unlimited support, vibrant community forums and a mind and body approach that’s been tried and tested with thousands of women around the world. It is about community – which, if you’ve been ’round these parts of PriorFatGirl, you KNOW I love me some community!
- We get you running safely. We not only work on getting you running, we teach you how to take care of your body and become in tune and aware of it as you run.
- Our program works. Just take a look at the testimonials from previous Up & Running course graduates. Offline, Julia has also successfully trained thousands of women around the world with our 5K beginners program.
- We prepare your mind and body for running. This is most important part. We help you to set goals and understand your motivation for wanting to start running. We show you how to make it happen. Remember, real running starts in your mind, then your body will follow.
- Personal support. We won’t just hand you a list of instructions then abandon you! You’ll get unlimited support on our community forums, where we’ll be on hand to answer all of your questions.
- You’re part of a team. You’ll have virtual training partners in the form of your fellow Up & Running coursemates. Together you’ll be working towards the ultimate goal of completing the Up & Running Virtual race in the last week of the course.
When does the next course begin?
The next 5K Beginners Course starts on Monday 5 September and the 10k course starts Thursday 8 September. Registration is now open!
- Eight weeks of training plans created by expert running coach Julia Jones, including downloadable workout plans.
- Up & Running Gear Guide packed with essential information on running shoes and gear to help you get organized.
- Bonus “Warm-Up Week” before the workouts begin to get your mind fired up for your running adventure.
- Personal support throughout the course via private, password-protected forums – we’ll answer all your questions!
- Private course blog packed with informative and inspiring content every weekday, including:
– a weekly theme, such as staying motivated and nourishing your mind and body
– motivating videos – weekly exercise demonstrations, plus coaching tips and insights from Julia
– inspirational stories from women runners around the world
- Weekly email newsletter to keep you energized and on track.
Enter to win:
Sound interesting? Wanna give it a try? Leave a comment sharing your running goal and you could receive entry into the program launching next week! What are you waiting for? Now is YOUR time!
Fine Print: Open to anyone, all over the world. One entry per person. Contest ends at Friday, September 2nd at 5pm CT. Will will be notified within 24 hours via email.