First things first, Happy birthday to my sister, Alicia! I am so proud of who you are and who you’ve become. The past couple of years have been pretty difficult but despite everything, you’ve continued to hold your head high and move forward. You are an amazing role model to all those around you.
If comments were any indication of what you wanted, a whole week of giveaways was totally what ya’ll wanted. I couldn’t keep up with reading all the comments everyone left last week! I’ll get to the winners towards the end of the post but first, I wanted to share what I’ve been up to!
What would my world be without food? Bland. Oh yes yes yes, there were lots of good eats last week!
Starting the day out right.
No limit salads.
PB & Banana wrap
Taking part in a little temptation.
What would my world be without Carlos? Before I get all mushy on this post, let’s just say he is my happily ever after. Saturday evening included a special date night, we went to my company holiday party.
After the party ended, Carlos and I went out for a couple of drinks with my coworker & friend, Amanda and her date.
Amanda and I
Maybe I had one of these...
Making things happen
Last week was a pretty rough week for activity. I spent a better part of last week trying to get rid of some pretty intense cramps which ended up making it difficult for me to work out. But I managed to get in 3 weight sessions and 2 cardio sessions.
Red marks = steady progress.
I also finally made it in to get glasses. I mentioned last summer that I was going to buy some but it turned out that I just didn’t want to spend the money so never got them. My new vision plan includes $200 towards the purchase of eye glasses every year so I figured it was a good time to go back in. Good thing I did because apparently now I need to wear glasses all the time! I have two separate prescriptions – one for reading and one for distance.
My computer glasses.
My driving/distance glasses.
oh - they kind of look the same, huh?
I picked them up on Friday and I love them. Wearing the glasses while on the computer is so much better, my eyes feel great!
And I should wrap up today’s post but before I go, I want to share with you the winners from all of last week’s giveaways. Thank you to everyone who entered – I enjoyed hearing so much about your goals, your resources and your perfect morning!
- Sharing the Popage:
- Sarah J: I’d hope that they come up with a sweet kind….like caramel flavor or cinnamon sugar.
- Sharing the overage:
- Holly: Weight watchers has helped me not only lose weight, but to confront the attitudes, emotions, and habits that made me overweight in the first place!
- Jen: Blogs. Is that weird? haha – no one product or technique has really stuck with me other than the advice and stories from others!
- Kim: I really enjoy the fiber plus bars from kellogg’s. I also really like to read blogs, they inspire me.
- Allison: I’ll have to say the best resource for me has been my mom’s group on Meetup.com. I’ve found an exercise class there and running partners as well as met motivated, positive people. Best resource for me
- Lauren: Online. I read so many blogs and websites and then take what applies to my life/situation at the time. It’s working , for sure!
- Erin: I am a lover of cheese, having grown up in Wisconsin, and so when I discovered Laughing Cow Cheese, I knew it had been made especially with me in mind. This way I can eat my cheese & not stress about all the unneeded fat grams or calories!
- Alexa: My favorite and best healthiness resource is the “My Fitness Pal” App on my iPhone, it keeps me unbelievably honest, and it’s always at my finger tips, so I never have an excuse not to log what I’ve eaten. Plus, it has so many foods listed, it makes it so easy!
- Cassandra: Trader Joe’s! I love all the healthy options they have and at inexpensive prices.
- Chrissy: Weight Watchers has been a big resource for me. And of course the Prior Fat Girl Blog!!!
- Ann: I definitely would say Weight Watchers!!!! They helped me learn to change my RELATIONSHIP with food and not just diet…now I actually see food differently…this should help me in longterm…:-)
- Sharing the Knowledge:
- Katy: Hi, please enter me into the contest. The veggie I am scared to try is brussel sprouts. I know many people who love them, but to me they just look scary and gross!
- Connie: Fennel,would love to learn what to do with fennel, is it a vegetable? Some veggies I’m not afraid of but would like to have in my diet more are brussel sprouts, eggplant, artichokes and beets.Sounds like a informative class.
- Sharing the Perfect Morning
- Sharing the Goal Setting:
- Karla: My goal for this year is to get in the best shape of my life. I want to maintain a healthy weight and increase my muscle mass, while decreasing my body fat %. And, I know I can do it!
Winners, please email me your shipping address!